I heard a new cupcake shop opened at Alderwood Mall, and today College Girl and I stumbled upon it. Well, actually... we walked right up to the door and went inside (no stumbling involved).
Pinkabella Cupcakes is the shop, which now has three locations: Redmond Town Center, Alderwood Mall, and Bellevue Square.
After much research and studying (using various kinds of knife cutting techniques), the cupcakes were hacked up, tested, tried and voted upon.
The coconut ones were the fave of me and College Girl (but I think my version is a bit better). The Red Velvet (with cream cheese frosting) came in a close second. Salted Caramel, Peanut Butter/Chocolate and S'mores all seemed to have the same cake -- just different frostings. The cake itself just didn't have enough chocolate flavor for my taste. The lemon was very light and airy... I prefer something with a bit more "weight" to it (and look how much frosting is on that baby!).
Homemade is still best in my book, but if you don't have time to bake I would give Pinkabella a try.
Pinkabella Cupcakes is the shop, which now has three locations: Redmond Town Center, Alderwood Mall, and Bellevue Square.
We decided to try a six pack. There were about 10 flavors to choose from and we came home with Red Velvet (upper left), Chocolate Salted Caramel, Coconut, S'mores, Peanut Butter Chocolate and Lemon.
After much research and studying (using various kinds of knife cutting techniques), the cupcakes were hacked up, tested, tried and voted upon.
The coconut ones were the fave of me and College Girl (but I think my version is a bit better). The Red Velvet (with cream cheese frosting) came in a close second. Salted Caramel, Peanut Butter/Chocolate and S'mores all seemed to have the same cake -- just different frostings. The cake itself just didn't have enough chocolate flavor for my taste. The lemon was very light and airy... I prefer something with a bit more "weight" to it (and look how much frosting is on that baby!).
Homemade is still best in my book, but if you don't have time to bake I would give Pinkabella a try.








No comments:
Post a Comment