What warrants sending food back?
Last week we went out for dinner for my birthday. We went to Anthony's Woodfire Grill in Everett. What do you imagine the following menu item would taste like:
"Roasted Garlic Cheese
Served with baguettes and fresh tomato basil relish."
I was envisioning a bruschetta-type appetizer... something very bright flavored, fresh, delicious...
On a plate were about 12 slices of bread that were hard and dry.
There were two heads of garlic that had been roasted.
There was a small dish of ... dry stuff. I think that was the cheese, but I'm not sure.
There was a tiny ramekin of the tomato basil relish, pretty bland.
After a try or two, I looked at B and said "This isn't great. Let's send it back." So we did.
I'm sure tonight's dinner out will be MUCH better -- It is B's birthday, and we are going to Palisade... K's favorite restaurant from the days when her paternal grandparents used to take us there pretty often. She might be too old to sit and feed the koi though. We'll let you know how the appetizers are!

Good! Send it back! Anthony's should know better. They think they can ride on some sort of reputation, but that reputation is worn out. There are too many other fantastic places to eat. A couple of years ago 5 of us went out to Anthony's Homeport and we all had frozen, dry, innocuous fish. I sent it back and wrote to the manager. She sent us a gift certificate for the 5 of us to come back again. Keep 'em on their toes. They can't afford to be complacent.
ReplyDelete