About Us

My photo
We aren't afraid to try new recipes, foods and experiences. The phrase "Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon" marks the doorway into our kitchen. These words describe our life.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

We love our coffee!

I never really used to like coffee much. In the "olden" days, I might have made it if we had company, but others in the house didn't like it, so it definitely wasn't a daily sustenance item.

NOW... things are quite different. It wouldn't be a stretch to say that B and I are addicted. Well, he is FAR more addicted than I am, but I'm not too far behind him. I am a "grande non-fat one sweet & lo extra-hot no whip no foam mocha" girl and he is a "triple venti non fat three sweet & lo latte" (when we stop at Starbucks).

We have several different ways of making coffee at home (regular Mr. Coffee type, a French press, and others), but it is when we go out that we really enjoy the coffee we find. Purple Cafe, one of our fave places to go, serves Caffé Vitta, which I think is B's favorite. Recently we trekked to Fremont to stop at their cafe for a Sunday morning treat.




3 comments:

  1. I've told Italian friends how you order your coffee and how long it takes and they all laugh. Here, you say "un caffé". Boom. Short and sweet. Yes, there are a few VERY minor variations, but there's got to be a reason Starbucks doesn't exist in Italy. They'd do well around the Duomo, though. The tourists would line out the door.

    Me, I like my Melitta filter cone coffee, extra strong, with a plop of whole milk. I hate collecting appliances. I even brought a filter cone to Italy and have only rarely gone out for coffee here. I like to savor my coffee, NOT quickly splash it down while standing at the bar gorging on a nutella-jammed brioche!

    Ahh coffee. It inspires such passions and preferences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you've had an inside source for those Melitta filters while you've been away! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I think fondly of my "inside source" every morning when i make a cup of coffee! Thanks, Patru!

    ReplyDelete