About Us

My photo
We aren't afraid to try new recipes, foods and experiences. The phrase "Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon" marks the doorway into our kitchen. These words describe our life.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Grandma's Molasses Cookies

For the benefit of my friend TW, I am posting this pic I took of some molasses cookies I made. Although she doesn't care for the cookie (who COULDN'T???), her husband TG loves them. What irritates TW is how perfectly round and identical they all turn out. I have tried to convince her it really isn't anything I'm doing -- they just turn out that way.

And to all the siblings... YUM!! Grandma's Molasses Cookies!!! (And next to them, undercooked peanut butter cookies with Hershey's kisses in them -- undercooked by accident, but they still tasted good!)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, even though shortening* grosses me out, Grandma's molasses cookies are the ONLY thing in the world for which I will use it, AND it's the only recipe that I will actually FOLLOW! (*Isn't it FULLY-hydrogenated vegetable oil?) Could I try them with extra-virgin olive oil instead? (Imagine their color!)

    I used to hate molasses cookies because that was about all Grandma ever made. Now they smack me right back into yesteryear and they're delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have told the story a number of times of giving my sister Grandma's recipe. "You can ONLY have the recipe if you will make it EXACTLY the way it says to... Yes, you have to use shortening... yes, you have to use ground ginger (not candied ginger)..."

    It WAS Grandma M not Grandma H, right?

    ReplyDelete