About Us

My photo
We aren't afraid to try new recipes, foods and experiences. The phrase "Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon" marks the doorway into our kitchen. These words describe our life.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Watermelon with Watercress and Cotija

I love a man that will get his hands dirty in the kitchen. That's why I love my man. Look what he cooked up for dinner last week. Well, actually this isn't cooked, but you know what I mean. Although I'm really not a watermelon fan, it was delicious. So nice on a warm summer night.

Watermelon with Watercress and Cotija
Watermelon, rind removed and flesh cut into 1/2 to 1 inch cubes
Jicama, peeled and cubed (1/4" cubes)
Cotija cheese, crumbled
Watercress (a little bit)
Thinly shaved radish (for garnish)
1 lime, juiced
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Cumin, tiny pinch
Chili Powder, tiny pinch
salt
freshly ground black pepper

B's Approximate Recipe -- He never remembers what he exactly threw in!
After cubing jicama, marinate in lime juice with a little cumin and chili pepper.
Make a dressing with olive oil, white wine vinegar, and more lime juice, salt and pepper.
In a salad bowl, combine the watermelon, cotija cheese, watercress, jicama and dressing. Gently toss until all the ingredients are combined. Garnish with radish. Serve immediately.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely am not a fan of watermelon. But earlier this year the Tech bistro served Watermelon Gazpacho and it was great. Any of the online recipes look good. Now we just need a real summer day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum, yum, yum. That sounds and looks delicious! Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete