About Us

My photo
We aren't afraid to try new recipes, foods and experiences. The phrase "Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon" marks the doorway into our kitchen. These words describe our life.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Lazy days are over...

Clearly someone has let their blog go by the wayside! Nope -- we haven't eaten or cooked or baked a single thing in months. Well, not really. See, my job at the school during the summer is very lazy and quiet. There is so much free time on my hands, I can practically play solitaire on the computer.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha  Yeah right!

I used to joke that I was so busy I didn't have to time to even see if Solitaire was loaded on my computer, much less PLAY it.

I am always VERY busy at work, summer is just slightly easier with no kids around. Now that we are back in session, things have been very hectic. This is a long way around explaining why there have been no updates to this silly thing. Who reads it anyway!

However, this weekend things are happening around our place. Tomorrow is a big day. My friend Grace is turning TEN years old. Some of you might remember Miss Grace -- born pretty darned early, took up long term residence at Children's Hospital, etc. etc.  But Miss Grace is TEN now, and several months ago talked about wanting a Harry Potter party for her birthday. I suggested to her mom that we host an HP party here.

When College Girl and I went to Florida in August, we knew then we'd be having this party, so we took in all the details of the Harry Potter part of the park at Universal Studios. Cauldron cakes, butter beer, Fizzing Whizbees Levitating Sherbet Balls.....

Lots of details and photos will be posted here after the big partay, but right now I have to get back to the work room. There are potions to be conjured up, and I hear the train approaching.

1 comment: