About Us

My photo
We aren't afraid to try new recipes, foods and experiences. The phrase "Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon" marks the doorway into our kitchen. These words describe our life.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Heart Day!


Happy Valentine's Day, my love.

Just the kind of coffee he loves -- Illy Espresso -- brewed with the stovetop little coffee pot (water in the bottom, grounds in the middle, coffee magically appears in the top section). Yum.



We are taking a little side track from FOOD this week to remodel the bathroom. I think it is going to be grilled cheese sandwiches in between wallpaper removal and floor patching for a short bit. We'll keep you posted. --P

1 comment:

  1. Well... Let's get technical: Illy is the COFFEE brand and Bialetti is the historic COFFEE MAKER brand. Just about every kitchen in Italy seems equipped with this coffee maker, but (not mentioning any names) I ran into one kitchen with DECAF INSTANT NESCAFE (!!!) and one kitchen that has one of those machines you put the little plastic coffee pods into (also !!!).

    Me, I use the simple, efficient, good-results-producing, Melitta filter cone. Pat, could you please buy me more 3 more packs of filters for when I come back in May for a visit?

    OK. Time for a cuppa. (They don't call it a "Cuppa Joe" here.

    ReplyDelete