Unfortunately, this does not have anything to do with food. I'd RATHER be cooking or baking, but alas we are stripping wallpaper, so you can skip this post if you don't care about getting wallpaper off your walls (OR OURS!)
We discovered the builders put wallpaper directly on the drywall, without priming the walls. BAD! Now we are trying to get it off! BAD! After trying the typical approach (score walls with round pizza cutter thingy, wipe walls with "wallpaper adhesive remover", peel) and getting hardly anywhere at all, I went back to Lowe's to plea for help. "I want to talk to someone with EXPERIENCE taking wallpaper off drywall -- not someone with just an opinion (I have at least THAT!). In the end, the manager said "We don't have anyone here with that experience!" So I left.
Back to the walls... I only have 4.5 days of my vacation left and I'm still tackling the walls. What about the painting, and the toilet removal/installation, the vanity installation, the mirror project and lighting...
I put the concentrated wallpaper adhesive remover in an empty spray bottle, scored the walls even more, completely doused the walls with the liquid stuff, waited a little while and started peeling. That seems to be doing the trick. The bottle said to dilute it a LOT. I'm skipping that step and it seems to be working a bit better.
We will have to patch the walls from where the putty knife gouged the walls, and apply primer and orange peel texture (the walls are completely flat), but maybe we are getting somewhere.
Back to the walls... what are YOU doing today? It is a beautiful, sunny day in Seattle.

I want to see pictures of the grilled cheese sandwiches you're eating this week. What kind of bread? What kind of lovely cheese?
ReplyDeleteAnd I want to see the horror-story wallpaper. Good luck, Pat!