About Us

My photo
We aren't afraid to try new recipes, foods and experiences. The phrase "Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon" marks the doorway into our kitchen. These words describe our life.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fresh

I wanted to take my sister out for dinner on the occasion of her birthday. I asked my friend TG for a recommendation. He knows EVERYWHERE worth eating. They love Fresh in West Seattle, so that is where we went.

On Wednesdays they have a "seafood boil," but we decided to eat off the menu, and chose the following:

The Herban Bento (This was a plate of little bites. Everything was very tasty. I especially loved the crab cakes.)

--Salmon with nectarine sauce
--Moules (mussels, spicy Landjaeger, shallots, white wine butter broth)
--Kahlbi Marinated Grilled Kobe Style Flank Steak(Korean style romaine salad and cucumber pickle)
--Sweet Potato and Dungeness Crab Cakes (chipotle remoulade, baby arugula salad with sherry vinny)
--Crispy Pork Belly Banh Mi Sliders (foie gras mayo, pickled carrots and daikon, cucumbers, cilantro, serrano chili, five spice frites)

Fennel Crusted Halibut (sautee of summer squash, bacon and snap peas, seared sous vide fennel, fennel puree)

White Chocolate Rosewater Crème Brulee (Served with fresh blueberries and raspberries)

If you are in West Seattle, definitely try Fresh. I hear their brunch is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment