My sister and I were recently reminiscing about an old cookbook on both our shelves, Betty Crocker's Cooky Book. I will overlook the fact that they spelled Cookie weird for the fact that some of the recipes are really good -- plus there is the childhood memory thing going on with this book. The book was recently talked about in Seattle Weekly.
My sister's memory is of Butterscotch Brownies (page 11) and mine are of Chocolate Crinkles (far right in photo above -- page 23), although they are a little messy to eat with that powdered sugar coating. In the photo above, two cookies to the left of the Crinkles are Snickerdoodles. Who doesn't love those cinnamony cookies, fresh from the oven?!I stumbled upon a couple of food blogs recently that I am just loving. One is called ButterYum and the other is called Annie's Eats. I especially love the photography in both these blogs -- the photos are so clear and easy to see.
Annie's Eats had a recipe for Snickerdoodle Cupcakes, so that was yesterday's project. Boy are they good!

I now have three absolutely delicious cupcakes in my repertoire: Coconut, Chocolate Peanut Butter and Snickerdoodle. Maybe I should open a shop! Although the college girl took some of the Snickerdoodles home with her today, there ARE still some on the plate here. Swing by and try one for yourself.

No comments:
Post a Comment