About Us

My photo
We aren't afraid to try new recipes, foods and experiences. The phrase "Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon" marks the doorway into our kitchen. These words describe our life.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Purple Cafe Bucheron


Have we mentioned how much we enjoy the Purple Cafe? We visit the location in Woodvinville pretty frequently (stop by Costco on the way and get $100 worth of gift cards for $80). We especially like to sit at the bar -- Mike and Casey (two wine-tenders we see there often) are fun to watch and very knowledgeable about the wines they offer there.

I had the Bucheron Goat Cheese one time and almost licked the plate -- it was so good. Imagine my delight when I found the recipe on their website! Here's a link:

http://www.thepurplecafe.com/blog/?p=55

This is very easy to make at home. You can find Bucheron cheese at Central Market in Mill Creek or Top Foods in Woodinville. Top Foods also carries Fireweed Honey. We have the lemon thyme in our herb garden in the backyard.

YUM!!!

2 comments:

  1. Is that the goat cheese, Pat? It looks like hot chocolate with chunks of chocolate sitting on top. I've had the goat cheese at your house and it was fabulous, (but didn't look like that).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is called "bad photography in a darkened restaurant"! Same thing as I made, yes. And it tasted SOOO good!

    ReplyDelete