(Maroo is my name for my sister. She calls me Patru. We were chatting yesterday on the phone, and I was telling her about all the work I've been putting in on the playbill for the school's musical, which opens tomorrow. She wisely said, "Things don't always have to be PERFECT. EXCELLENT is just fine." that's the gist of it anyway. I was lamenting over wanting the 24 page playbill PERFECT -- every little thing aligned just so, I wanted to hunt down every typo, get rid of all widows and orphans, fix color that wasn't quite right... but I'm running out of time. This project may not be PERFECT, but it will be EXCELLENT.)
Back to the salad... we've had a great beet salad at our favorite Purple Cafe. We've had NOT good beet salad at Spazzo at Redmond Town Center. I tried a version, and it was good, but NOT excellent.
I roasted a beet (put it in a foil package, drizzled on some olive oil, and put it in the oven for a while til it was tender). Then I sliced it thin, took some mixed greens, some goat cheese (I baked the cheese, but next time I would keep it cold -- it was too mushy soft for a salad -- in my opinion), and made a simple vinaigrette. It was ok.

I'm looking for an EXCELLENT beet salad recipe. Got one?

No. I don't. I don't like beets.
ReplyDeleteBut wow on the perfect thing= I think perfect is the ideal= but never realizable...excellent is something to really strive for...Go Maroo nice thought.
I've cooked beets on my "grill pan" (with the fake grill ridges) with olive oil and they take on a nice flavor. Might be something you do, or don't, like.
ReplyDeleteeeeewwwwww BEETS?!?!?!?
ReplyDelete