(We have lots of posts to post, so hopefully blogspot won't be fickle and will actually let us post!)
After the last show, the kids had to "strike" (i.e., tear everything down, load it all into trucks, bring everything back to school for storage). K begged us to host the cast party, traditionally hosted by a senior cast member. After much thought and discussion between me, B and K, we decided we would put out the invitation to the cast, crew and orchestra. Probably crazy, but we thought "it couldn't be THAT bad."
In the end we had 10% (ish) of the school's student body in our living room -- 54 kids and 15 adults. We haven't had that many arms and legs in our house before.
We had told the kids to bring something to share (potluck), but didn't specify what to bring. ("Hopefully there won't be 60 bags of chips!" we thought.)
The kids (er, parents that sent the food with their kid) were pretty creative. One girl even made spaghetti on the stove. Some brought salad, some brought chicken, lots brought cupcakes, brownies, cookies, etc.
The kids were great, had a lot of fun with Rock Band in the family room, and their "Oscar Awards" in the living room (Most likely to arrive late to rehearsal... most likely to break into spontaneous song... etc.) At about 12:30am, when it was all over, B and I looked at each other and said "That wasn't so bad!"
Our next big event coming up quickly? I am chairing the grad night party, and B and I are required to attend (as head chaperones). 131 seniors A L L N I G H T L O N G!!!!!

I love the shot of 10% of the student body in your living room. What's funny is that there's a grand piano in there somewhere but it disappeared. You tested the house! I'll bet that wasn't even NEAR max capacity! Double it next time! (But you'll have to HIRE help.)
ReplyDeleteI know. Anyone reading this blog hasn't gotten to SEE that photo unless you sent it to them. It's great, though. You're right. LOTS of arms and legs!
ReplyDelete